Wednesday 21 May 2014

Sunshine, running and empty plates

Last weekend I thought it was time to welcome the summer and what better way of doing so than eating, drinking and running?

























Saturday morning sunshine, wide open balcony door, sleeping baby, coffee and scrambled eggs.

Bare arms finally, and legs eventually. I actually had to nip into Oxfam to take the tights off, not one of my smoothest moves.
 

Then it was time for coffee, pineapple juice, milk and quiche. After being rejected at Home Sweet Home, we ended up just around the corner at Oak St. Cafe Bar. Such a good spot with a baby. Calm, quiet and shaded. Only problem was the questionable service, but let's blame the heat.

 Loading for the big day. Ha, not quite.


Sunday morning. After a night of everything but brilliant sleep (whoever thinks they've got a busy life should try and add a four month old teething baby to it) I woke up with an eye infection, and it was the hottest day of the year, great. To be honest, I didn't feel like running 10k at all, but as soon as I arrived at the assembly point with all the other runners I got in the zone immediately. The atmosphere was almost as motivating as the thought of the food I was gonna eat after the race.

I didn't feel overly happy with the result, but it was okay, considering it was four months after giving birth. What's more important however, is that it triggered an ambition to improve, I'm ridiculously motivated to get faster and stronger.

Afterwards me, Jon and Herbert went to Solita. A hidden little diner in the Northern Quarter that most food bloggers I've read have been bragging about, so I was pretty excited. I had a bean burger with sweet potato fries and bbq sauce, a great meal after a day of too much sun, sweat and adrenaline, but nothing outstanding. My expectations were too high, no doubt.

Although saying that, the food went down that quickly, I didn't even have time to take a photo of it...

























All in all, a perfect start to the summer. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment