Wednesday 21 May 2014

Asparagus + Cheese = Love

I don't like coming home to rotten food, and I certainly don't like wasting a whole packet of asparagus, so here's a little meal that I composed from everything in my fridge that needed to be used up because I was leaving for a week. Theoretically this dish should turn out nice I thought. Two different cheeses, asparagus and pesto. In reality it turned out freaking fantastic. Even better; it's very very simple.

For two servings I used:
2 pieces of wholegrain toast
150g of small asparagus
1/2 packet of halloumi cheese
Green pesto
Some grated cheddar on top
Basil and oregano
Olive oil

Heat the oven to 175C. 
Fry the asparagus in olive oil in a pan for about 5 minutes. 
Chop the halloumi in strings and add to the pan for about 2 minutes.
Grate the cheddar.
Spread out the pesto on the bread and place them on an oven tray. 
Add the fried asparagus, halloumi, cheddar and herbs.
Into the oven until the cheese has got a nice brown colour. 
Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment