Monday 10 February 2014

No food but a baby

To say I've not been very good at updating this blog lately is an understatement but I promise I've got a legitimate excuse; someone got in the way. After nine months of waiting he finally arrived in the middle of January, a few days prior to his due date. So while lagging behind on cooking and blogging, I've learnt all the more about night feeding, nappy changing and buggy racing.

These past weeks have completely turned life upside down - as it should be with your first newborn I guess. And although I'm not gonna leave the blog blank for a month again, life is just going to have to be this irregular for a little bit longer. I've no intention to snap out of the glorious baby bubble and rush back to real life yet. To be honest, I've only got about two to three days a week where I feel like somewhat of a functioning human being so I'm not even sure that I could, even if I tried.

In a couple of weeks however, I'm allowed to start training again and I think that will bring back some sort of a daily structure, both regarding exercise and eating. I've signed up for a 10k run in May and when I've got a goal, I'm pretty likely to live up to it. But maybe I'm just being naive.


So, regarding food - hmm, what's that? - his diet consists of breast milk, and I probably shouldn't reveal too much about mine and Jon's eating habits as of late. Unglamourous, quick and not quite as nutritious as I would like, but we'll get there. I guess the coming blog posts will be a good indication whether we manage or not.

PS. I'm pretty sure I don't have many mums-to-be reading this blog but if you are one, this will be the only advice I'll ever give you: prepare by loading your fridge with fast, easy-made food. Don't even consider it proper meals, just make sure you get something, anything, down quickly and spend the rest of your baby-free time trying to catch up on sleep. Simply: focus on surviving.


No comments:

Post a Comment