Friday 4 April 2014

Love, smile and eat carrot cake

One could, somewhat rightly, call me obsessed with celebrations, but there's no denying that they make life a little brighter. Today for instance, I've celebrated that...

1. five years ago I moved to Manchester (my initial plan was to stay for a few months and then move to Berlin... ehh?) and I fell in love instantly. A love that has grown even deeper than the river Medlock
2. I've been living in wonderful Hulme for four years
3. at this address for two years

Hulme Park
4. one night four years ago - after an Easter Sunday containing too many Bloody Marys and an embarrassing pub quiz - I met someone who made me believe in unselfish love, someone who has made my eyes smile ever since and someone I just can't have enough of waking up beside
5. I know for sure that my body can complete a 10k by May 18th

So I popped down to the vegan cafe Teatime Collective for my favourite cake above all; carrot cake.



And as if carrot cake isn't good in itself, this one was close to perfection. Moist, rich and full of fresh flavours.

One more thing, as it's Friday and all, I think we should raise our glasses to spring as well. Taking long sunny walks and having coffee outside in only a jumper is fantastic. Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment