Saturday 5 April 2014

Green Gold and Roasted Potatoes

Firstly I had been dreaming of ice cream, a Daim cone more precisely, and as I have this idea that I should eat whatever I feel like (within reason) during my months of breastfeeding I went to the local shop to satisfy my craving. When I got there however, I changed my mind and wanted roasted new potatoes instead. I left with a bag of mixed leaves, a lemon and a bottle of red.

Secondly, I had been on Twitter, where I found a recipe of melted butter and lemon juice drizzled on top of roasted asparagus. My brilliant mind immediately put one and one together and I ended up with a bloody delicious meal.

Roasted new potatoes in olive oil, thyme and salt
Roasted asparagus (no oil)
A beetroot bake with goat's cheese from Asda - and let me tell you that I've never enjoyed their frozen ready-made veggie selection as much as now
A bed of mixed leaves and edamame beans
Topped with parmesan and a dressing of melted butter and juice from half a lemon

Who said you should be happy with just seven a day, hey?



No comments:

Post a Comment