Wednesday 4 December 2013

One photo every meal and a birthday

Last week wasn't great to be honest. I hardly slept at all during the nights and tried my best to catch up during the days, but mainly felt frustrated for not fulfilling any of my daytime plans. The lack of sleep also resulted in a cold getting worse and extreme moodiness. For instance I was in parents' class and on the edge of tears because the midwife offered me biscuits. Don't ask me why, but that's my sleep-deprived brain in combination with hormones. Watching the news didn't improve matters much, I ended up wanting to get a machine gun and go postal on everything and everyone. Luckily, I held back on that one.

Then came Friday and completely turned the atmosphere around. Not only did I wake up more rested, but a certain birthday boy got back from a business trip and we had decided to do something nice. I woke up just before midday but stayed in bed for another hour to listen to the radio, then I made breakfast.























Fruit, yoghurt, egg and coffee. The big yellow chunks might look like cheese but they're fresh pineapple, I promise. I'm in a pineapple phase at the moment.






















In the afternoon it was time to go up town - to the infamous Christmas market at Albert Square - before it got too crowded and alcoholic. I wanted to stop for pancakes on the way but our desired pancake place was shut so we went straight to the market and I had a warm macaroon instead.























Almost like pancakes, ehh?






















The annual birthday pose.

As the dark made its entrance and we had had enough of the market, we went to Tampopo; a cosy little Thai place just next to Albert Square.






















I had spring rolls and made a beautiful mess.























And pad thai with tofu. Delicious, but it was that filling I actually only managed half of it. Though pretty soon after we were back home I got hungry again. Stupid metabolism.


Good thing I had brought some leftovers with me.



But that wasn't enough either so before bedtime I needed some less glamorous olives, crackers and cranberry juice. A nice end to a really lovely day.


No comments:

Post a Comment