Wednesday 11 December 2013

Pastas, swimming and a Lego wedding


"Where there is love there is life."


Last week I made a journey down south to spend a week with Jon's family, and what better family food than pasta? I had it every day except from one. Pasta as well as lots of cakes and chocolate. After all, Christmas is approaching.



One day I cooked carbonara for the four of us.




A day later Jon's mum made some sort of nice creamy pasta bake with broccoli, mushrooms and cheese, and dough balls with garlic butter on the side. Hello carb heaven.

Because I wasn't able to do my regular aqua-natal class during the week I thought I'd be brave and attempt a light swim instead. Last time I'd been swimming was three years ago to get fit for a competition, but my shoulder had already started being dodgy by then so I've stayed away from it since. Thankfully, 15 months of no exercising involving my shoulder whatsoever seem to have been exactly the medicine I needed, as swimming actually works again. A huge, huge relief.

Then finally the weekend arrived and it was time for Jon's brother to get married, which meant more cakes and pasta on the menu.




The Lego wedding cake.

More Lego at the evening reception. Apparently this one is the future me.

And my charming table partner playing with... Lego.























I had one of the best lasagnas ever consisting of green lentils, pasta and cheese. Didn't really get why it was served with potatoes on the side though. The weird part of British food.























Apart from getting sick in the evening, the day was purely wonderful; smiles and love all around and a really good ending to a lovely week.

This week I've been extremely tired and have tried to catch up on rest and sleep. Only five weeks left until the lie-ins become part of a past era. Reality is rapidly becoming real. Sleep tight.


No comments:

Post a Comment