Monday 14 October 2013

Vegetarian Pasta Bolognese

Monday is normally bolognese day in this household. Like I said, it's one of my favourites. Though the more winter is approaching, the more it seems to turn into a soup day. Therefore I thought I should post my vegetarian bolognese before it gets too chilly out there. Sometimes I make a similar tomato sauce, only without the lentils and soy mince and with added vegetarian meatballs from Asda instead.

Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: about 25 min
Serves 2-3

1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
1/2 chilli
2 dl soy mince
1/2 dl red lentils
1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes

3 tbsp olive oil
Soy sauce
Basil
Salt and black pepper

(2 tbsp natural yoghurt)

Chop the onion, garlic and chilli. Add them to a medium hot pan and stir actively in olive oil, until it's got a little colour. Make sure to not burn.
Add the soy mince. Season with soy sauce, salt and black pepper. Stir more.
Add the chopped tomatoes, lentils and yoghurt (just leave the yoghurt out if you're vegan).
When the sauce is starting to boil, lower the heat and put on a lid.
Leave to simmer for 25 min, stir once in a while.
If the sauce seems to be getting dry, add about 1/2 dl of water.
During this time, make the (wholegrain) pasta.
When everything is plated, add basil, either fresh or dry.

I love to add grated parmesan or cheddar on top

No comments:

Post a Comment