Sunday 27 October 2013

Spinach and Parmesan Sauce

Last week I made these lentils burgers, served with pearl barley and a sauce of spinach and parmesan. I'd made the spinach sauce with cream and salt before but as I was walking home from the supermarket discussing what I was cooking that evening, Jon said "Oh, that one with spinach and parmesan?" Eh no, I've never heard of that one before, but I'll try it tonight, thank you very much.

So it was the first time I made the sauce, from a recipe that didn't even exist an hour earlier - well, I'm sure it exists, but not to my knowledge - and I will most definitely do it again. It matched the subtle taste of the pearl barley perfectly and it was very simple to make. All you need is spinach, cream and parmesan. Because of the cheese, you don't even need salt.

Pearl barley, lentil burgers with spinach and parmesan sauce





















Cooking time: 5 min
Serves 2

5 chunks (around 100g) of frozen spinach
200 ml cream
1 dl grated parmesan

Heat the spinach in a sauce pan. Add the cream and parmesan, and stir. Leave to simmer under a lid for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment