Tuesday 29 October 2013

Controversial toast, non-alcoholic beer and a haircut

I believe it's time to explain a thing or two. Like why it seems I only drink tap water and non-alcoholic cocktails.

Maybe you've already figured it out, but I'm pregnant, a little more than six months to be exact. In case you want to read more about my pregnancy, I wrote a column that was published in Body Confidential two weeks ago. Here it is.

It's only fair that I tell my blog too because it's affecting both my writing and inspiration in the kitchen. One aspect is of course that I can't eat or drink whatever I want. Although I'm keen on tomato juice with Tabasco and black pepper, it's just not the same without vodka.

A bigger problem, however, are days like yesterday, when I was supposed to make a new soup but due to sickness I just couldn't think of anything but plain toast and cold pasta with ketchup. Not the most exotic for a food blog but what can I say? I'll do my best to make up for it in a couple of months. In the meantime I guess you better get used to lazy meals and sometimes less frequent updates.

Anyway, as I prepared yesterday's toast I had to take a photo. Does anyone else make a little house with their toast???



It's so that it goes cold quicker. We always did like this when the builders came in for breakfast in the sandwich deli where I used to work. While I think it's clever, someone else in this household thinks it's completely bonkers.

Apart from Monday, which was spent in bed with a bucket next to me, the weekend was beautiful as ever. Friday I had two little boys visiting which was a good reason to make Swedish Chocolate Balls. Needless to say, they went down well.

Saturday I went to Sainbury's and discovered Beck's non-alcoholic beer, which was really nice compared to most other brands I've tried. Of course I understand that it's nothing like drinking proper beer, but until that day, it'll do.

Beck's non-alcoholic beer, as if there wasn't enough carbs already


Sunday was football, nuts and sparkling water in the pub, and risotto and a spontaneous haircut in the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment