Friday 11 April 2014

Heartache, NYC and endless amounts of wine

Last time I answered these type of lists was more than a decade back, in the early days of social communities and my teens. Then it was mostly about boys, love, and Friday nights. Now it's a little less exciting, but nonetheless, here it is...

What's the last thing you ate?
A soft boiled egg on crispbread with a cup of coffee.




The last ever meal, if you were to decide?
Pasta bolognese with lots of parmesan and endless red wine.

The best food city?
Without a doubt; New York City. It's got everything and has reasonable prices.

(Come to think of it, perhaps the main reason I have such nice food memories from NYC is because I've always been there for competitions, which means I've finally been allowed to eat and drink whatever I want, after a few weeks of strict dieting.)

My second visit to NYC, June 2010, with a silver medal in submission wrestling around my neck

The best restaurant meal?
A saffron ravioli I had at a super fancy golf club in the outskirts of Marbella when I was there babysitting in July 2008.

The best snack?

Nuts and tomatoes.

What caused the last hangover?
Heartache and hops, somewhere between February and April last year.


Food you love to have at home?
Beans, cheese and garlic.

What's for dinner?
A Friday regular; Moroccan veggie burgers with halloumi and roasted new potatoes.



Food you hate?
Meat, or rather the industrial production of it.

If you only got to eat one dessert for the rest of your life?
Carrot cake, of course.



Typical school lunch?
In Sweden we have free school lunches and I mainly have positive memories of them. Couscous and mixed vegetables, pasta and tomato sauce, potato and veggie meatballs, thick pancakes... I can't think of just one typical.

What's the weirdest thing in your fridge?
Film, not that weird though, just old school. I keep knee pads in the freezer, that's a little bit more bonkers.

And what do you have in the veggie box?
Film, in one of them. 21 new potatoes and a carrot in the other one - but normally I have more carrots, asparagus and peppers. Sometimes parsnips and sweet potatoes too. Going shopping tonight.

And cheese?
Parmesan and halloumi. I need to get cheddar too. The fridge isn't complete without at least three cheeses.

Food that you wish you were allergic to?
Ehh, none?

Who can eat from your plate?
Everybody, the bigger food party the better. Herbert seems particularly keen to try some of my solid food soon though.

(list taken from Niotillfem)

No comments:

Post a Comment