Monday 24 February 2014

Pepper, Feta Cheese and Green Olive Quiche

My attempt at making quiche actually turned out ok. It could have been better balanced - less milk in the egg mix, as well as less feta cheese - but I was rushing. I also forgot the tomatoes. I also ended up using plain flour, as opposed to wholegrain, simply because that's what we had. Oh well, good thing I've always considered improvement an important part of everything I do and I'm excited to make this better next time.

Funny also how both me and Jon thought that it tasted nicer cold the day after. Perhaps I should always let it rest in the fridge for a day before serving?

Pepper, feta cheese and green olive quiche


Serves 2-3 
Prep time: 25 min
Cooking time: 20-25 min

Pastry
125g butter
3 dl flour
2 tblsp water

Egg mix
3 eggs
2.5 dl milk
Black pepper
Chilli powder

Filling
1 small onion
1 packet of feta cheese (200g)
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
10-15 green olives

Mix the flour and butter, and work it thoroughly using your hands to make sure there are no lumps of butter left.
Add water and work the mix into a dough, and leave it in the fridge for 10 min.
Meanwhile, heat the oven to 200C and start preparing the other ingredients.
Mix the eggs, milk and spices in a bowl.
Chop the onion, feta cheese, peppers and olives into cubes, or whatever shape and size you prefer.
Flatten out the pastry on an ungreased oven tray about 25 cm in diameter, and make sure the pastry covers about 2 cm up the edges.
Put the filling on top of the pastry and finish by pouring the egg mix over everything.
Top it with some black pepper and basil or any other spices you like.
Place it in the oven for 20-25 min.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment