Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas wines, vegan sausages and a baby























Yesterday morning I woke up to the doorbell and a Christmas present from Korea. Apart from this little Irish selection of treats there was lots of cheese, ham, salmon and two bottles of wine in the parcel. Not bad to be a successful writer with important company contacts all around the world.


Or maybe that was someone else at this address. Hmm, Happy Christmas.

I spent Saturday up town. On the way there I stopped at the local vegan cafe Teatime Collective to try the 'steak and cheese' ciabatta. The steak tofu was tasty and the cheese wasn't bad either, it just felt like something was missing. It was a little bit dry. I preferred the ciabatta with 'steak', gherkins and mustard mayo I had last time. I imagine that a combination of them both would be really nice.

Jon had a daily special of mash with mustard, sausages and gravy. Good flavours too. And yes, we sat outside. Totally amazing three days before Christmas.

I also received the long awaited news that one of my good old friends from Sweden, former house mate, teenage smoking partner and riot companion gave birth this weekend and I'm over the moon. Actually that happy I couldn't hold back the tears. I blame the maternal bugs floating around in my brain.

In less than four weeks this over-sensitiveness will be over however and I can't wait. In fact, you're welcome out now baby. Deal?


No comments:

Post a Comment