Tuesday 22 October 2013

Peanut Butter and Date Flapjacks

About two or three times a year something rather strange happen and I decide to bake sweet stuff. This time I suddenly felt a huge urge to drink Swedish coffee for the first time in six months and nibble on something other than dark chocolate with it.

A while back I found a recipe for flapjacks in the Guardian and came up with the ingenious idea to remove a few things, especially the amount of butter and sugar, and add peanut butter and dates instead. It was my first go at making flapjacks and I made two mistakes:

1. I didn't use baking paper, and ended up with slightly burnt edges. Not the biggest deal but if it's avoidable, I'll advise you to use it.

2. I was too excited and cut almost straight away after they had come out of the oven. Leave them to cool completely before cutting otherwise they might fall apart, though they taste just as nice.

Use baking paper and leave to cool completely before cutting























Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
16 squares

2.5 dl oats
60g brown sugar
60g butter
60g peanut butter
1 dl chopped dates


Heat the oven to 180 C.
Melt the butter, peanut butter and sugar in a pan until the sugar is dissolved.
Stir in the oats and dates.
Smooth into a 20cm square cake tin, or something similar, greased and lined with baking paper.
Put it in the oven for 20 min.
Leave to cool completely, then cut into smaller pieces.

Peanut butter and date flapjack

No comments:

Post a Comment